Monday, November 2, 2009

Elections in Virginia, Part II

Tonight's a brief overview of the district elections for tomorrow in Hampton Roads.

For the 21st House District, I'd go with R.W. 'Bobby’ Mathieson (Democrat). I've seen Ron A. Villanueva's commercials on TV, and he's coming across poorly. He created 14,000 jobs? Wow, I'd LOVE to know where! I have the feeling that Mathieson would have some fresh outlooks on things and could bring a lot to the table. But unfortunately, Villanueva's been in the Va Beach City Council since 2002, so he's got the name recognition (as well as the backing of the Filipino community out here) that Mathieson doesn't. I think Ron's going to get this one.

For the 64th House District, I can't even call that one. There are three men up for it, and aside from what the Va Pilot has about them, I haven't heard of any of them.

Ditto on the the 82nd House District, I can't even call that one. There are three more unknown men up for that one as well..

For the the 85th House District, I haven't heard of either of the candidates. That doesn't bother me too much, considering these districts aren't mine to vote for anyway.

And ditto again for the the 100th House District, I haven't heard of either of the candidates.

For the 80th House District, I'd go with Matthew James (Democrat). He's got loads more experience than Jennifer Lee, who seems to have more work in a variety of fields, whereas James seems a little more focused.

For the 83rd House District, I wouldn't go with either Chris P. Stolle (Republican) or Joe F. Bouchard (Democrat) I don't feel like either of them have anything to offer.

For the 87th House District, I'd go with Paula Miller (Democrat). I don't know where John N. Amiral has come from for this election. He just doesn't have the experience yet.

For the 89th House District, I'd go with Anthony J. 'Trip’ Triplin (Independent). I dig the fact that Triplin is a college student at (poly-sci) at Norfolk State. He's young (24) and probably has loads of ideas, as well as the rest of his life ahead of him to work for what should become his district.

For the 90th House District, I'd go with Algie T. Howell Jr. (Democrat). It seems like Howell has been around the area for some time, as I remember seeing his signs from years past. Like Villanueva, Howell's got the local name recognition.

So get out an vote tomorrow! As long as you make informed decisions on who you want to vote for, your vote will count!

No comments:

Post a Comment