Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Devil's Horns Hats Grow in Popularity

If you remember, I recently posted about a friend of a friend and his need for a devil's horn hat.

He's very happy with his hat.



I'm not sure what the dealio is with the gas mask. He reminds me of some wanna be member of The Watchmen. :) Not that's a bad thing or anything. We should all aspire to be superheroes, but that's a whole other topic.

But alas, one devil's horn hat was not enough. My friend also wanted one for her cousin's new baby. The face has been deleted to protect the innocent (and because I don't know her cousin to ask permission to post a picture of his baby on my blog).



You know...in really looking at that photo of the baby, I think it's on backwards (not that it really matters). But I think that hat was meant to have the horns more in front, a la Hellboy.



I'm realizing something else...those hats are like snowflakes: no two alike! Working on horns that small is a little bit of a PITA. I prefer making larger horns...it's easier on my hands!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, what a cute design! I can see why they're so popular.

    Thanks for your very thoughtful comment on my blog, I really appreciate your support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! As it turns out, I've got requests for a cat hat with ears (and whiskers) and a dinosaur beanie in the VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) colors. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete