Sunday, January 24, 2010

A New Hat Pattern to Share

A few days ago, I came across the greatest crocheted cat hat I've ever seen. It's by Green Elevator and she posted it, for free, over at Craftster.org.

If you crochet, you should definitely check this out. It's worked, as a beanie with earflaps, from the top down, with the ears added on last. I'd rate it at an intermediate skill level. She's also posted pictures of her hat. The photos below are my take on her hat, kind of a crochet-a-long, if you will.





For mine, I used an I size hook, and about 1 1/2 skeins of Lion Brand Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Weight yarn, and part of an unknown skein of dusty rose. Green Elevator used pink felt for the insides of the ears, but I just crocheted two small triangles of pink because I didn't have felt and didn't want to make a trip out just for one piece of felt.

With a little bit of Fiber Fill, the ears stand up especially cute. As always, I've got my trusty blue glass head to model the hat. This hat is going to my friend Nina, who doesn't realize that when someone asks me for a crocheted hat, even in jest, I take those requests seriously! However, Nina will not be home tomorrow when we invade her and her husband's home for football. I'll have to wait a few days for her reaction to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment