Saturday, January 9, 2010

Not a Pork Chop Fan

I'm not really much of a fan of pork chops. Never have been. There's nothing really wrong with them. I just don't like them. And it's not a pork thing either...I'm perfectly happy with bacon, sausage or a hot dog. But my husband likes pork chops, so I have to make them for him every once in a while. (I just make something else for myself that night.)

But since I don't like pork chops and don't make them very often, I don't know how to make them (unless it's nice enough outside for my husband to fire up the BBQ). Last night was one of those nights. I was making a chop for him but had to look up how to do it first.

He liked this recipe pretty well: Oven Baked Pork Chops.

4 thick pork chops (1 1/4 inches)-- I made one lonely thick chop for him
1 c. orange juice
2 tbsp. flour

Place chops in baking pan or an iron skillet. In a separate container mix the flour with a little orange juice to make a smooth paste. Add rest of orange juice and mix well. Pour mixture over chops. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until chops are browned and sauce thickened. I have to admit, for pork chops, the kitchen smelled pretty good, thanks to that orange paste!

If desired, potatoes and carrots can be baked in the pan along with the chops for a one-pot dinner. I did do this and the carrots didn't turn out very good...kind of withered and overcooked. Serves 4.

My husband did like how the pork chops turned out last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment