Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Who Needs a New Cookbook?


I always need another cookbook, just like I need a hole in the head. But I have a special place in my heart for this cookbook: Food For Thoughts, 2nd Edition. It's "Recipes for Brittanys and Their People" by American Brittany Rescue.

We worked on this cookbook throughout 2009 and it ROCKS! I want to publically announce that ABR has some killer cooks in our midst! Over the weekend, we had a football game get-together (Saints and somebody, I forget who, but what does that matter? The Saints won.) and I needed to make some goodies to take along with us. The couple who's house we were at were the bride and groom that received the Gran Marnier lamp, and the groom is a killer cook too. So I needed to do something good.

I made the beer dip and the goat cheese dip from this cookbook. I'd share those recipes here with you, but that would defeat the purpose of this cookbook, which is to raise money for needy Brittanys across the United States.

So instead, I implore you, to please, consider ordering one of these cookbooks. They are only $15, which includes shipping (I think one of our volunteers in California is sending these out. More than 95 ABR volunteers and supporters contributed 350 recipes. We hope you enjoy the bits of Brittany history and find lots of recipes you’d like to sample. ABR is honored to be able to include recipes from Tony and Karril Kornheiser, human parents to their senior Brittany, Maggie. Be sure to look for them in Appetizers, Relishes and Pickles and in Soups, Salads and Sauces. Tony Kornheiser is a sportswriter, former columnist for The Washington Post and former analyst of ESPN’s Monday Night Football. And don’t miss the assortment of dog treat recipes in the Beverages, Microwave and Miscellaneous section. Some of the recipes are treasured family keepsakes and some are quick and easy fixes for supper at the end of a long day. We hope you and your dogs will enjoy the variety of outstanding recipes we’ve collected for you. The cover design is by Gloria Yarina, of FortuneDals Imagery in Florida and an ABR volunteer since 2003. The dogs she chose to feature are everyday examples of the dogs ABR serves.

2 comments:

  1. Found the information worthy as I had no idea of posting a comment on the blog,.I keep seeing articles like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking a look at my blog. I hope you had a chance to check out the cookbook link. :)

    ReplyDelete