Sunday, February 7, 2010

That Bettty Crocker Woman Knows Her Way Around the Kitchen!

One of my favorite cookbooks is one I ordered because of an advertisement I got in the mail: Betty Crocker's Fix-It-Fast Family Favorites. I go to that one quite a bit when I'm stuck on what to make for supper.

A couple of nights ago, it was one of those moments. I had chicken thawed out and no inspiration. Until I saw Betty's recipe for Ranch Chicken.

Betty's cookbook said, "These breaded chicken breasts are crispy and brown on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside." Yes, yes they are! I can tell you right now, this is a recipe I'm going to be going back to quite a bit!

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1/3 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp olive oil

Dip the chicken into the dressing and coat with bread crumbs.

Heat the olive oil in a 12" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 12-15 minutes (I always think it takes me twice as long to cook chicken, for some reason) turning once, until the outside is golden brown and juice is no longer pink when the centers of the thickest pieces are cut.

I think the next time I make these, I'll make them in a fryer. The first time, I thought the crumbs seemed to fall off the chicken fairly easily when made in a pan. I wonder if making them in a fryer would change that, because they would be handled less.

No comments:

Post a Comment