Friday, March 12, 2010

Inspired by Creepy Cute Crochet

My friend Nicole knits but she doesn't crochet, so when she finds photos of crocheted items that she wants, she sends them over to me. She came across the bride and groom from Creepy Cute Crochet. Just to clarify, I didn't crochet the bride and groom set in the Flickr photo. That is the original design by Christen Haden.

Nicole sent that photo to me before Valentine's Day. At the time, I told her to remind me in about a month (she hasn't reminded me yet) but since Monday was her birthday (I know, I'm late), I decided to whip up my own set of the bride and groom for her. I didn't want to buy the book for only two patterns, especially when they are virtually the same.


This my take on the Creepy Cute Crochet couple. They are a little on the chunky side, but since Nicole will get an actual gift from me, it's okay they don't match the real deal perfectly.

I'm still working on an original amigurumi pattern. That should be done this weekend finally. I spent three evenings working on the set for Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment