Friday, March 26, 2010

Is There Any Better Place To Be...

...on a rainy day in the 40's and with $35 worth of gift cards?


When it was said and one, I picked up a package of elastic (to fix my scooter seat covers) and 13 skeins of assorted yarn. The total was $50.15 but I only spent $15.15 of my own. Some of it will turn into the start of a Steelers logo blanket for my husband. The rest is just for fun...maybe it will become new Easter baskets for our niece-to-be and our new foster nephew.

I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more yarn than I reasonably need for the time being, but it's like becoming crack for me! Variegated, wools, cotton, velvetspun....the yarn aisles anymore are like that scene in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" where the kids and their families go into the "everything's edible" room and you see their eyes gloss over with the unending promise of chocolate and sugar to their hearts' content. For me, a new skein of yarn is like a promise of what could be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment