Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mtn Dew White Out...Meh

I am a slave to new products...gotta try them and see if they are any good. Variety is the spice of life and all that jazz. So I tried one of the new Mtn Dew flavors today: White Out.

At best, I would describe it as a very strongly flavored Sprite or 7-Up. It's not too strong, but it is good. However, I don't find anything even remotely Mtn Dew-ish about this particular flavor. If I had done a blind taste test, I would have thought it was fresh, properly carbonated Sprite. However, it's just not good enough to make me buy it on a regular basis when I can already get Sprite or 7-Up, both available as diets, already. White Out isn't available in diet yet.

The three new flavors are easy enough to find: our 7-11's have them out here in our area. I guess there's about 12 more days of voting before we'll know which one is the permanent new flavor. In the past, it was Code Red, Voltage and LiveWire that were chosen to become regular flavors and I don't think any of those day. If I'm drinking Dew, give me regular Diet Dew in a plastic bottle and I'll be happy. But then again, I'm probably not Mtn Dew's target audience either so unless I actually vote for White Out (especially if I haven't tried the other flavors), my opinion doesn't mean diddley squat. And I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment