Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Fun Link to Try

So the new link of the month (?) to try out is called, "I Write Like."

"Check which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers. Any text in English will do: your latest blog post, journal entry, comment, chapter of your unfinished book, etc."

I pasted in most of my entry from "My Dream Career(s) Continued," since I didn't feel like pasting in any original fiction or poetry that day. The finished result is that I write like Cory Doctorow. I've never heard of him, but I might have to check him out. According to his Wiki page, "Cory Doctorow (born July 17, 1971) is a Canadian blogger, journalist, and science fiction author who serves as co-editor of the blog Boing Boing. He is an activist in favour of liberalising copyright laws and a proponent of the Creative Commons digital rights management, file sharing, and post-scarcity economics.

He sounds pretty damn intelligent. I'll take that comparison as a complement! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment