Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dancing With the Who Are They?

A few years ago, I began a short lived addiction. I'm almost embarrassed by it. It was "Dancing With the Stars." It was just so fun to watch and I liked the variety of music.

That addiction died last season when Kate Gosslin was one of the participants. I couldn't bring myself to watch her.

I had hoped this season would be better, and if it was, then I'd probably start watching it again. I guess the people in charge of getting the STARS (hence the "Dancing with the STARS" part of the show) didn't learn that the viewers don't like watching wanna be's. This is the line-up of participants for this season:
--Brandy – Yeah, okay, she's a celebrity and enough of one that I'd probably consider her a star if I were a fan.
--Jennifer Grey – Because she learned to dance with Patrick Swayze for "Dirty Dancing" way back in the day, I think she'll do alright. Yep, she's a star.
--Margaret Cho – Funny chick! I like seeing her here! Another celebrity. 
--Audrina Patridge – She's a "reality" tv has been and should go back to "The Hills." NOT a star.
--Florence Henderson – Definitely a star. In fact, she'll probably do better than anyone expects.
--Bristol Palin –WTF??? Here is our new Kate Gosslin! Go back to Alaska and take your mother with you.
--Michael Bolton – He hasn't been around for a while in the limelight, but yeah, he can be a star.
--Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino – Are you serious??? Another dork from another reality show.
--David Hasselhoff – Yeah, he's a star. He's still relevant because of judging "America's Got Talent."
--Kurt Warner – As the most recent athlete on the show, Kurt will probably win. And I've got to give a little love to a fellow alum of the University of Northern Iowa...Panther Pride, Kurt! Let's see your purple and gold, baby!!!
--Kyle Massey – I don't watch the Disney channel so I have no idea who this is, but he's got to be more of a star than those reality dorks.
--Rick Fox – This longer retired athlete will probably be our second place winner.

All I'm saying is this...if "Dancing With the Stars" is so hard up for REAL talent and they will cast ANYONE for doing ANYTHING, hell, call me. I've got a blog and a Twitter account. I'll be your nobody wild card participant next season. I don't even care who you have me dance with. I'm sure I'd probably be more liked than Kate was and Bristol will be. (Shoot, I even took a Zumba class this summer! We did Zumba to Ike and Tina singing "Proud Mary.") Bring it, ABC!

2 comments:

  1. I really admire Jennifer Grey's tribute to Patrick Swayze. She's doing Dancing with the Stars for him, class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admin--
    I totally agree with you. I'm sure she would have done at least one DD themed dance even if Patrick hadn't passed. I hadn't heard that she was going to do one until reading your comment, but I figured there would be one coming. And that tribute may earn her more votes too.

    It would have been interesting to see Patrick do a one night kind of "cameo" on Dancing if he hadn't gotten sick. There's no way he could have competed because he would have blown everyone else out of the water!

    Thanks for your comment!
    Amy Lynn

    ReplyDelete