Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust

Another finished Christmas gift, that is.


I managed to get this blanket for our newest nephew done about two days ago. It's just a big five-sided granny square. I guess that would make it a granny pentagon. This nephew has just turned a year old this fall but he's a little guy because he was a preemie, so I decided he needed kind of a  funky different blanket, hence the odd shape. It's about eight different kinds of yarn with as many different shades of blue. After my version of blocking, each side is about 34" long and from top corner to the closest bottom corner, it measures about 40" long. I was thinking it would make a good travel blankie.

When it's laid out like that, it reminds me of a butterfly.

One more travel blankie to go for the newest niece. I'm going to wind up with carpal tunnel! But it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment