Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Cobbler Recipe

I'm not letting the fact that it's Christmas stop me from posting. In fact, all of the guests have gone home, the kitchen is clean and the dishwasher is doing the dirty work for me right now.

Of the cooking I did for today, I made this cobbler last night.Sam the Cooking Guy had this as peach and raspberry cobbler. I made ours as blackberry and raspberry.

  • 2-16 oz cans peaches in heavy syrup
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries, approx
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Dump peaches into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan
  3. Scatter raspberries on top of peaches
  4. Dump the cake mix over the peaches
  5. Dump the melted butter over the top, and spread around
  6. Dump the cinnamon even overly the top
  7. Bake approximately 40 minutes. 
This looked absolutely wonderful on his show. However, I've realized that this is a dessert that should not be baked in advance. If you want it for a certain occasion, make it right then and there. It has since turned somewhat mushy and the berries have taken on kind of a dark pink glue look in appearance. I'm sure that if I had made this tonight, it would have tasted wonderful! Instead, because I waited, the flavored blended EXTREMELY well and actually it becomes quite (naturally) sweet, almost too tart, in taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment