Monday, December 13, 2010

Tater Tot Breakfast Bake

On Saturday night, I did a mental inventory of the breakfast items we had in the house for a good breakfast the next morning. I typed in a few keywords in Yahoo and came across the Tater Tot Breakfast Bake recipe.

This is one of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time, and it made enough for leftovers for a couple of days. In fact, even reheated the next day, it was still just as good as it was fresh out of the oven. The flavors of everything had time to really meld together overnight in the frig.


  • 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (this was the only thing I had to leave out because I didn't have it)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • 16 ounces tater tots
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Beat together eggs, milk, salt, mustard and pepper.
  3. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Layer bacon, egg mixture and cheese.
  4. Arrange tater tots on top.
  5. Bake for 40 minutes or until eggs are set and tater tots are golden brown. When I made it, I know my oven was properly preheated because our oven has a digital readout and actually dings when it gets heated up to the temperature you want. But for some reason, maybe it was the pan I was using, it needed to bake another 10 minutes, for a total of 50 minutes. After 40 minutes when I took it out and cut into it, the milk and eggs were still a bit runny. 
Like I said, this was a wonderful breakfast. With the Tater Tots on top, it really turned this into a firm casserole. It's definitely a keeper recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment