Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Little Change of Pace



I decided I needed a slight change of crochet pace. On Black Friday this last year, I bought one of those American Girl wanna-be dolls from Michaels for my niece. I figure I can work on doll clothes and accessories for her for a couple of years until she's old enough and give it to her later. I realized those American Girl dolls are pretty pricey.

The doll has long brown hair that was down to her knees but I couldn't handle it that long so I gave her a shorter haircut. She's 18" tall like the American Girl dolls.  I don't have any entire outfits made yet, since I jsut started but this is going to be a good way to get the odds and ends of yarn used up that I was saving to go yarn bombing again.


These little jackets are taken from the Church Outfit, posted over at Crochetville. The buttons are for looks only. The skirt started to be the Church Outfit skirt, but for some reason, I got bored with it. I don't know if I'm really feeling this outfit for some reason. I need to do one complete Church Outfit and then I'll know for sure. I think I just have too many projects going on at once and need to get some of them finished!


The shoes are also taken from the Church Outfit. Two of the three purses are based on the outfit's purse. I started changing their shape for something different. I also had some odds and ends for beads so I strung some of them together to make a double twisted bracelet and a necklace.


These are some funky little bunny slippers. You can't see the ears in this photo, but they are there. I think the Fun Fur and the chunky weight yarn have canceled each other out. I should have used lighter yarn for both parts. This pattern came from Cobbler's Cabin's blog. This was a super quick and easy little pattern to work up.

No comments:

Post a Comment