Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another New Hat

I tell ya, I think I need our niece to slow down on the growing! My sister said she's going to need another new hat pretty soon and I just finished one tonight.

This is Lion Brand's Child's Floppy Brim Hat. In order to see it, you'll need a Lion Brand user name and password. I made it out of almost two balls of Mochi Plus (#14294) and just a little bit of leftover Modea eyelash yarn from a few years ago. The Mochi Plus was the same yarn as the Gloves of Win from earlier this year. Can I just say it was good crafting karma tonight that I had exactly the right amount of yarn for this hat, without any pre-planning??!

This is a better picture of the original hat.
Lion Brand said this hat, made with chenille yarn (this pattern is a few years old, and the original yarn they designed the hat around has been discontinued) and a G sized hook will make a hat with a circumference of 19" and will fit a 6-9 year old child. Since my niece is much younger, I went with a finer yarn and a F sized hook. The plastic orchid came off a basket I already had. Lion Brand had a crocheted daisy or something, made in the same yarn, on their hat, but I thought I needed something non-crochet to go in the front to break it up a little bit.

I'm hoping Punxsutawney Phil was right and spring will be starting early this year. This will be a fun little hat to keep the sun off Eden's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment