Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Weirdest Thing I've Made in Awhile

My niece's first birthday is coming up this spring and I decided to get a start on her birthday gifts already. I am just waiting for the paint to dry so I can finish up the eyes, but here is the first part.

I'm still not 100 percent sure what the hell this thing is, but it's Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba, a children's show on Nick Jr. I think she looks like a pink Grimace! My sister said that already, my niece likes this show and would like the characters as stuffed toys. I sewed Foofa, a combination of by hand and by machine, because I had pink fabric to be upcycled but no pink yarn. The rest of the characters will be crocheted.

Of course, since I made this pattern up as I went along, just by looking at a picture of Foofa, it turned out alright. It kind of goes along with the Star Fleet Science Officer uniform I made a few days ago!

Seriously, what the hell are these things? Are they monsters...toys that come to life...weird animals...DJ Lance's imagination? I know one of them is a robot, but I can't figure out what the rest of them are and it kind of bothers me. I'm used to clearly defined weirdness: aliens, droids, spaceships and superheroes. This kids' show realm is brand new to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment