Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Cute Crocheted Minion Hat

I know these minion hats aren't real original anymore. Shit, go to etsy and look up "crocheted minion hat." There are 60 items under Handmade. However, even though I'm a little late getting to the show with this item, I wanted to share it anyway. It's going to be a Christmas gift for my niece. Although, it's a little like that damn Elmo hat. It's going to be too big for her for awhile. Even though I know how big around her head is (I asked my sister to measure it for me), I'm having a hard time making toddler sized hats for some reason.

I used this pattern to base the hat on, but I turned it into more of a beanie than a stocking hat. I used an H sized hook with Lion Brand yellow and glow in the dark yellow together. I stuffed the back of the eye with some fiber-fill to give it a little bit of pop.

The only thing I wish I had done differently would be to make the goggle up higher. If I had put it up higher, then it could also be a better looking stocking hat for the time being.

I actually had this hat about half done, all in single crochets, when I realized it was HUMUNGOUS!! I frogged the whole thing and started over. Each time I've worked on it, it took me about an entire (working) day to get it 3/4 of the way done.

No comments:

Post a Comment