Monday, September 5, 2011

Sewing and Swearing

Sewing and swearing...they go together so naturally. At least for me anyway.

I found out the hard way that I don't know how to properly lay out pattern pieces on fabric so I can actually get all the pieces cut out. I bought enough fabric for my first Halloween project so far, but I wasn't careful when I cut the pieces out. So now I have to go back to the store and get more fabric because I'm a couple of inches too narrow for the last freaking piece. Which is truly sad when you consider the pattern shows you exactly how to lay the pattern pieces out on the fabric for maximum coverage.

Apparently, I am a moron.

And then tonight, you know you're a natural when it comes to sewing and swearing when you can make your husband, in the Navy for almost 15 years, listen to you, ask what's wrong, still assume there's something wrong with the machine (he didn't think it could be a problem with the person using the machine, I guess), hear you swearing like a shipmate (you know that phrase, "swearing like a sailor?"), and calmly walk away. There's a lot of faith in that man's heart to start asking me about the machine, because I can almost hear him think that the machine needs repairs or be replaced because of it's age. :)

Hell, I came across one place in the pattern tonight that I thought I screwed up, naturally. Turns out, the pattern may actually be longer in the back than in the front.

About two months until Halloween. I may not survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment