Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New And Improved With 25% More Miniony Goodness!

Well, I finally did it. I got a project done. The Minion I've been making for myself is finished! I'd been working on him since June!

Please excuse the washed-out flash from my cell phone.
Aside from that wild ass, crazy smile, I like him. (Can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that face at the end of your bed???) He's a combination of two patterns: Wolfdreamer's and Crochet-Machine's. I loved the body on Wolfdreamer's Minion and I loved the goggles, smile and hands on Crochet-Machine's Minion.

This Minion is actually a second version. I was working on a much larger one (this one is almost 22" tall) that would have ended up being about 4' tall if I had gone through with it, but the idea of stuffing something that large didn't appeal to me. I frogged that whole thing and came up with this guy.

I'm not entirely happy with how his little workboots came out but they are good enough for me. I actually did the smile first as an embroidered black smile and then changed it to a sewn on smile, and I still didn't like that. I ended gluing on that smile and teeth. But originally, that glued on smile had teeth on the bottom, but that smile was into shark-sized territories, as far as smiles go, so I cut off the bottom of his mouth to make it smaller.

I also didn't like how his little gloves turned out the first time. I winged those and they looked like tiny, tight little mittens. I decided to leave them and just crocheted new gloves for him, pulled them on and added three little fingers and cuffs for the bottom of the gloves. Much better!

The little G emblem on his overalls are two separate iron on patches that were ironed together and then ironed on to him as well. His little overalls have real buttons, two little pockets in the front and a butt flap over his little rear, with real buttons there too. :)

He's made out of Lion Brand pounders of denim and light yellow, with some yellow glow in the dark yarn mixed in.

As for the curtain I'm working on, I'm about 2/3 of the way finished with it and I could be done within the month. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your Minion is fabulous!!!
    I love that your Minion can sit like the picture.
    I also love your glove cuffs idea! I'll use the idea on my next Minion.:)
    You made me excited to make my second Minion. I wish I have the time for it.
    Thank you for introducing my blog on your blog!

    Regards,
    Kazumi

    P.S. I'm now following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kazumi--
    Thanks for the "follow" but thanks so much more for the Minion post you originally did. :)

    Amy Lynn

    ReplyDelete