Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Latest Swap From Craftster, From Me

Another successful swap done and over with. This time, it was the 80's Cartoon Swap, Round 3, at Craftster (where else?). My partner, Humboltcherry, liked the Tom & Jerry cartoon of the 80's. So I worked on two items for her. She just got her package the other day, so I can post this now.


Humboltcherry said her favorite colors were red, yellow and orange. I decided to do a little bit of an Andy Warhol treatment to Tom here. I used Lime Riot's Felt Embroidery Tutorial to guide me through this project.


Since I obviously like to crochet, I wanted to make a crocheted Tom for her. This is actually Tom v.1. I decided I didn't like his head, so I dismembered him in the name of Craftster.



These two photos are of Tom v.2.0 in his finished glory, and even though I didn't make him for myself, I needed to be happy with him. When I bought the grey yarn for him, I KNOW I bought two skeins. Luckily, I only needed one because that's all I could find at the house. I'm pretty sure the cat ran away with the other skein. Tom is about 21" tall and was made with an I sized hook. I didn't write down the pattern for him, because he's a combination of Muno (for the armpits), Hobbes (for the construction and the white belly), and mostly Amineko (for the rest of him).

He's made out of 1 full skein (and no leftovers) of Lion Brand Yarn Jiffy in Silver Heather (#155); part of a skein of Caron white; a small amount of pink yarn; some beige, white, black and red felt; green embroidery thread around the eyes for added color; leftover rainbow ribbon (from the Jim Henson swap) for his collar; a Christmas bell; and FiberFill.

No comments:

Post a Comment