Saturday, March 3, 2012

Working on a Partial Baby Gift

I  found out from my husband that we have a baby shower (one of his co-workers) to go to tomorrow afternoon at Gordon Biersch in Virginia Beach. I've never been there yet so I'm looking forward to that part.

We're going to stop at Target before hand to pick up some giftie things, but I said that I'd have enough time to probably whip out 1 or 2 little hats. Shane said if that was the case, then I needed to make a NY Giants themed hat, because that's his co-worker's football team.

It ended up turning out pretty nice.

As usual, I used my go-to baby hat pattern by SLK Designs. the only difference is that the last two rows of DC are in white, and then I have 1 row of white SC. I crocheted a column of red HDC and whipstitched that to the hat, and then folded the little white brim up.

It's all made from Lion Brand 1 Pounder yarn, just regular old acrylic stuff, on an I sized hook. It looks a little large to me for a newborn though. I think I might make one more simple little hat tomorrow morning with a smaller hook.


To go with it, I'm recycling a purple gift bag that had a gift in it for my birthday last year, and have a card already made for them. I don't know if they are having a boy or a girl, so I'm trying to keep other parts of the gift gender-neutral.




No comments:

Post a Comment