Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Azaleas Have Exploded in Bloom

The only bad thing about azalea plants is that they only look this good when they are fully blooming. Once the blooms have died, the rest of the plant remains, but they look so thin and unhealthy. Right now, they are looking the best they will look all year.

The line of rocks around the top of the edgers are to try and keep the mounded soil from washing down over the edgers eveytime it rains. Plus, I just wanted to see what it would look like, and it's starting to grow on me. The rocks all came from the rock beds around our house.
This is actually my favorite plant of the three azaleas. When it's in bloom like this, it reminds me of some kind of funky brain coral.

The front of the flower bed, with hostas (I think), liriope, and two blue hydrangeas (planted just this year).

No comments:

Post a Comment