Monday, April 30, 2012

Pretty Things From Our Walk This Morning

I'm temporarily working from 11 AM-8 PM on Mondays. On those days, I get a pretty good jump on my own days here at the house. One of those things is taking my dog for a walk in the morning instead of at night. I've got a selection of possibly crappy cell phone pictures to share tonight, because the neighborhood always looks different when it's light outside so there's more that I notice during the morning walks.

Just a nice hanging petunia basket I got a few weeks ago at Taylor's. A few nights go, I realized a mourning dove made a home in it. She had to have been working fast...I had been watering it nightly but missed two nights because of rain.

Here's Mama. She always faces the street when she's in her nest. Today was the first really good look that I've gotten of her.


Up to two eggs today. The blob on the left side is actually a little piece of bread I tossed in there a few days ago. I thought she might want to peck at it. I guess I was wrong. :)

Bragging more than anything else where with this photo. I scored three Billy Joel records from the Norfolk Book Exchange yesterday. $4 a piece but they cost me nothing because of having credit on a bag of books I turned in. I'll eventually get record frames for these to hang them in my crafting room.

I don't know what kind of tree or bush this is. Maybe it's a hibiscus. I just thought the little orange blossoms on it were so pretty.


Just a cool combination of bushes, both in color and fruit/blossoms. It' an amazing shade of dark orange in real life for the berries, mixed with the ivory/off white flowers.

My herb garden. The taragon is starting to spread out.

No comments:

Post a Comment