Sunday, May 13, 2012

Couple Thoughts on "The Avengers"

We finally got the chance to see "The Avengers" today. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was a damn good movie. I haven't been to a movie where the audience cheered and applauded like that since maybe "Star Wars Episode 3" or maybe it was "Rocky III." Either way, it's been a long time.

I actually saw a couple of errors that I saw that were not confirmed on the IMDB page for "The Avengers" and I think I can share them here without spoiling anything.

--The blood on Black Widow's forehead changes shape and amount in the final battle.

--At one point, Steve Rogers is shown riding a motorcycle. It appears to have one mirror on it, on the left side. If you look carefully at the backside of that mirror, you can see the motorcycle is actually on a platform and is not moving under it's own power.

--There seems to be a couple times when Tony Stark's arc reactor/chest light is not showing through his shirt. It's not the shirt, because he wears that shirt for a while in the movie. I think the light is just off.

Ooooh, look at this...I was right!!!!

One fun thing that I thought of during the movie...listen during the battle scene and tell me if you think the aircraft in it sound like the pod racers from "Star Wars: Episode 1." I kept expecting to see Jake Lloyd ride across the screen screaming, "YAHOOOOOOO!"

And just a little prediction for the Avengers sequel: why do I think the one main-ish character that dies in this movie will be brought back for the second one?  How does the saying go? "Only Bucky stays dead," and Marvel didn't bring him out on the big screen, but I think this character will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment