Monday, May 28, 2012

A Dog's Best Friend

Last Christmas, I received a Brittany ornament from American Brittany Rescue for helping out with their annual holiday catalog. The ornament was a new one for our catalog, and it came from Sweeney Ridge. It also came with a nice little dog poem that I stuck on the front of our frig.

I'm trying to clean up the house a little bit and thought it was time to toss the poem, but first, I am going to post it here. And also as a reminder to myself to not get frustrated when I'm tired of cleaning up dog and cat puke this weekend.

O Lord, don't let me once forget
How I love my trusty pet-
Help me learn to disregard
canine craters in my yard
Show me how to be a buddy
even when my sofa's muddy,
Don't allow my pooch to munch
postal carriers for lunch,
Shield my neighbor's cat from view,
Guide me steps around the doo,
Train me not to curse and scowl,
when it's puppy's night to howl,
Grant I shan't awake in fear
with a cold nose in my ear,
Give me patience without end-
Help me be "A DOG'S BEST FRIEND."

-unknown

And here's what made me smile on Thursday, as bad as this sounds, a report about Hurricane Bud on the Mexican coast. Bud was the first dog we ever had, an orange and white Brittany. Somehow, the idea of a hurricane sharing his name seems to make sense to me. Our Bud was known to wreak a little havoc himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment