Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Product I'd Love to Be Able to Buy

Why oh why doesn't a stuffing or poly fiber fill company make some colored stuffing to use for stuffed toys? Something like that would work for crochet or knit, hand made toys, and I'm sure there'd be other crafters that would want that.

Right now, I'm working on a crocheted Jack Skellington doll and I'm getting irritated as I stuff his little arms and legs because the white fiber fill is visible through the single crochets. I am planning on running some grey embroidery thread or yarn through the black (to mimic his pinstriped suit) and that will probably cover up some of the open spots where you can see white fiber fill. But, I'd rather not have it show and I think the only way that will happen is if I switch from my I sized hook to one much smaller. I don't want to do that because I need to be able to see the opening in the stitches because I'm working with black yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment