Saturday, May 5, 2012

Slowly Getting My Crochet Groove Back

It's been awhile since I've crocheted, and even longer since I made something that actually turned out the way I wanted it to. I just finished Purl Bee's Linen Grocery Store Tote.




I used an I sized crochet hook and one ball of Lion Brand Yarn 100% pure cotton (189 yards of cotton per ball), in Americana #211).

I've had this yarn in my stash for about a year so it was time to do something with it. I love it and I bought it at Hancock Fabrics because I had come across a wonderfully soft red, white and blue yarn up in Yorktown, VA that would have made some killer socks, but it was $30 a SKEIN. This was my substitute purchase (I still have two more balls of it left), even though the 100% cotton doesn't really lend itself to something cozy an wearable. Those are going to be turned into another grocery store bag as well.

This bag is deceptively strong, by the way. I used it already at the grocery store. While I didn't have  any produce to go in it (I see this bag as a replacement for plastic when I'm buying fresh produce), the bagger we had put a half gallon of orange juice, two cans of dog food and one other thing in it (I don't remember what else there was) and it held up just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment