Saturday, September 22, 2012

Not Doing Much of Anything

I haven't been up to much of anything lately, but that's obvious by the lack of posts here. I pulled a muscle in my back about two weeks ago, which lead to a pinched nerve and a very painful right leg. I think I may have done it at work, while picking up a small dresser for a patient but I don't know for sure. Then, while that's been going on, I also caught a cold that is finally starting to move south in my body, which for me means a sore throat and the start of a cough.

I've been doing only a little crafting lately. I need to get my ass in gear, since I'm a part of the Doctor Who swap on Craftster. Unfortunately, the little project I was working on today was a fail so I need to work on the two medium projects next weekend and see if I can come up with a new small project.

I finally did get around to turning two pairs of regular pants into capris for myself. One is a pair of black pinstriped Christopher & Banks pants that my mom bought me and are starting to look a little ragged. The other pants are brown Courtney pants I picked up at the thrift store.

Other than that, I've been crocheting up a storm for the patients we take care of at work, making them blankets with donated yarn. Luckily, I have a local nanny and a woman down in Florida who are crocheting squares and sending them to me at work, so I'm not doing all the work myself.

I'm also working on a Christmas colored blanket to use as a silent auction at work. The staff members show a little interest in the blankets they see me working on and have tried to buy them from me. I'm thinking if I throw one out there for a bid to raise a little money for our hospice program, that might draw some interest. But really, I'm thinking this gives them too much credit. But again, the yarn is all donated, so at least I'm not spending my money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment