Anyhoo, one of the must haves was a Crock Pot, and yeah, I totally agree that it's a must have. We are on our second Crock Pot since getting married 14 years ago. The one I have now is larger than the first, and I'm actually on the second lid for this cooker because I wore the first one out!
So this was the recipe posted: 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 can of French onion soup (both condensed), 1 cup of water, and 2 lbs of cubed steak. Throw it in the pot and let it cook.
It sounded so good and wildly easy that I copied it to save. My husband's aunt and uncle came into town this evening, so I saved this recipe to use for tonight. I thought it was make supper easier if it was already done when they got here, they wouldn't have to wait if they were hungry, and it would keep if their flights ran late.
So here is my version of that recipe:
- 2.5 lbs of cubed steak (I cheated a little: I cooked this the night before and seasoned it with powdered garlic)
- 3 medium to large potatoes, diced into bite sized chunks
- 2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of condensed French onion soup
- 1 can of water
- Half a bag of frozen pre-cut veggies (beans, carrots, corn)
- A healthy splash of Worcestershire sauce
We had about 30 minutes after all getting home before eating, so since it was so hot and cooked already, I just turned the Crock Pot off and it was the perfect temperature when we ready.
Stan and Susie were both really impressed with it, and Shane especially loved the way it smelled, even when we got into the garage, even before we were in the house. :) This is a definite keeper recipe!