Friday, October 5, 2012

Another Swap Done

One of the other things I've been working on lately is my part of the Doctor Who swap going on at Craftster. And as I've heard River Swan say, "Spoilers!" So Shynii, if you're around, then go check out another blog because I'm posting pictures!!!! :) This package is on it's way to Shynii as of Thursday morning.

I definitely wanted to make something TARDIS-y. And for as much as I like reusable bags, I figured I had to make a TARDIS bag.

The blue, black and white fabric is all remnant material I got from Wal-Mart. I had problems with how the sign on the doors was turning out, which is why I actually sent this late to Shynii. I ended up cross stitching part of the sign on the door. The windows, sign and blue section on the door are actually all quilted with a little bit of batting underneath. The back side is done the same way, although without the sign.

I actually put some of that batting in the shorter sides and in the bottom, so if Shynii wanted to have a soft bag for shopping or whatever, she'd be able to use this one. Those panels are quilted as well.

The finished size of this bag is probably right around 15" wide x 17" tall x 5" deep, not counting the straps. Aside from two little spots on the bottom, I'm really happy with how this turned out. This is the first bag I've ever sewn, I think. I love it so much, that I think I'll make a second one for me, because I still have more fabric left over!
I even used some bias tape on most of the seams inside. There are two pockets inside: one larger one and another that is divided into three smaller sections. Each seam was sewn twice before adding the bias tape (which was really added to cover my messy seams because I decided I wasn't happy with them).

And of course, a crocheted Dalek. I'm never really happy with how these guys turn out but I guess I'm not finished with them just yet! :) This green is the same yarn I used for David's Doop from last August.

No comments:

Post a Comment