Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Doctor Who and the Case of the Expanding Scarf of Horror

"Pity about the scarf-- Madame Nostradamus made it for me-- a witty little knitter. Never get another one like it," The Doctor, Ark in Space


It's being made on a G sized hook and is slightly more than 3' long.

Yarns included so far:
--1 skein of SignatuR Handknits, 8 Ply Pure Wool in color #630 for the camel (love this yarn's texture and thickness)
--1 skein of Plymouth Yarn Encore in color #6002 for more of the camel but I prefer the first camel yarn I had 
--1 skein of SignatuR Handknits, 8 Ply Pure Wool in color #664 for the rust (love this yarn too but this is starting to look more like a scarlet color to me)
--1 skein of SignatuR Handknits, 8 Ply Pure Wool in color #645 for the green (see a trend here yet?)
--Almost 2 skeins of Trendsetter Yarns Marino VIII in color #335 for the purple (a very nice plum color)
--1 skein of Helio in color #3727 (I think, the label is in Dutch) for the bronze
--1 skein of Plymouth Yarn Encore in color #6002
--1 skein of Lion Brand Baby's First in color #157 (Honey Bee) for the yellow, but this was a stringy bulky weight yarn, so I'm actually separating it as I use it. (I like the label on this yarn. It has a ruler on both edges, in centimeters and inches, which makes for a convenient quick ruler.)

1 comment: