Thursday, November 1, 2012

Quick Halloween Recap

We weren't rained out for Halloween this year! However, because of the cold front we had after Hurricane Sandy blew though, it was the chilliest Halloween I think we've had since we've been living out here.

Pictures are coming (they're still on my husband's camera) but we had a good night.

It was a bit on the tame side for us. I didn't want to do chalk outlines this year because of the chill, and I didn't put the guillotine out. I just realized the day before Halloween that the blade (plywood) broke last year and I had forgotten to replace it. That's on my list of things to do for next year.

But tameness aside, there were six random little kids who refused to step foot in our yard, screaming and tugging at their parents, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't wanna go in there!"

And only one little boy pitched a fit over the rubber duckies I bought from Oriental Trading. He just KNEW he didn't get any, even though I tossed one into his bag for him. He started screaming and grabbing them in both hands. "I WANT A RUBBER DUCKIE!!!!!" He was shrieking like I tried to carry him into my house against his will. Me and his dad were both trying to pry his hands open and get him to look into his bag, but it wasn't working. Dad finally picked him up and carried him away. I think he got at least three duckies. I think I need to buy more of them next year.

It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment