Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Pot Pie Recipe

I looked up a recipe for Chicken Pot Pie tonight because I wanted to have one more night of turkey for supper. After tonight, the leftover turkey went into the freezer.

My first thought was to to go the Bisquick site, because my box of Bisquick didn't have the Chicken Pot Pie recipe on it. I found out you need to have a username and password to see recipes at the Bisquick site and that irritated me. You haven't always needed one there.

So I kept looking and found the recipe here. But like most everything else in my life, I had to make changes, so here is how I made Turkey Pot Pie:

Ingredients: 
--2 cups cooked turkey, cut into bite sized pieces
--1 2/3 cups frozen vegetables, not thawed (the mix of corn, peas, carrots and beans already diced)
--About 10 oz leftover chicken gravy from Thanksgiving
--1 cup Bisquick baking mix
--3/4 cup 1% milk
--1 egg  (left out the egg because I didn't have any)

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix chicken, veggies and cream of chicken soup together and spread into bottom of non greased 9-inch round glass pie pan.
3. Mix remaining ingredients (Bisquick, milk and egg) and pour on top of chicken mixture.
4. Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until top turns golden brown. The original recipe called for 30 minutes, but that only cooked the top of the Bisquick mix. When I stuck in the serving spoon, the mix underneath was still doughy.

No comments:

Post a Comment