Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I'm At Antique Archeology, Bitches!!!!

On this trip home, I told my husband I really wanted to go to LeClaire, IA to the Antique Archeology shop. I didn't get a chance to head out that way the last time I was home.

This is, of course, the home base of American Pickers on the History Channel.

I got a little excited when I saw the Studebaker sitting out front. I had high hopes of a Danielle sighting, but alas, it was not meant to be.

When you go inside, it's mostly stuff on display that they've bought (the "smalls") and souvenirs for sale. You can also buy some of the stuff they've picked. There is a second story inside, so obviously, that's where Danielle works, because downstairs in the gift shop area, there's another chick working that I've never seen before. For what it's worth, I heard that Danielle was in Chicago, and "the boys" were out picking. And realistically, you can't expect Danielle to be able to run the gift shop, find leads, sell stuff, and deal with lookie-loo's like myself.

If you look closely at the picture, you can see an open back end on a blue van in the parking lot behind the Studebaker. There were two guys inside, trying to sell something. The other chick told them that she could take a picture of the item (some kind of old heavy wooden box with something in it that was more female related) to send to Mike's phone but he'll just lose the picture. So, she was going to call Mike's brother, Rob, down to the shop to take a look at it. If it was something Rob wasn't interested in, then she was going to direct the seller to another antique seller/appraiser in town named Mushroom, and he'd probably be interested in it. For the record, we didn't stick around long enough to see the contents of the box.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous you went to Antique Archeology! I love that show! Were you just in Iowa to visit family?

    ReplyDelete