Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Craftiness for the Last Couple of Days

What have I accomplished the last few days?

I started going through my card making supplies and made about 20 new cards. I'm trying to make a dent in the stuff I have so it's not so overwhelming. I can make about another 20! In fact, I even posted in my Craftster signature that I'm looking to do some personal paper swaps to get some different goodies.

I fixed a favorite shirt from the thrift store from this summer. It's a pink striped, short sleeved shirt with a collar, and it's the perfect length. Somehow, I got what looks like small oil or grease stains on the middle and bottom. I raided my stash and found some rose, butterfly and hummingbird iron on appliques, and put them on the shirt tonight. They cover the tiny stains perfectly.

I dug out an extra snap to put on the blue sweater I crocheted for myself recently. It just needs one more snap and it's perfect then. I've worn it once since finishing it, and I've actually gotten some compliments on it. Yay me!

I tried doing a small hat project from Craftster. You can make tiny top hats from toilet or paper towel tubes, a cereal-type box and glue. I made two of them, and even got them painted, but I wasn't really happy with how they turned out. I think the tissue paper pieces I used were too big. so  the hats took on kind of a wrinkled, worn look to them. Plus, when I curved the brims of the hats, I think they looked uneven. That's okay though, because I didn't spend any money on this project...I had everything I needed anyway. (They were super cute little hats through...kind of made me think of steampunk, and I thought a couple of them sitting around the house would make for a neat little conversation piece.)

I tried making a My Little Pony the other night, but it wasn't turning out. I think I need to make it larger than I planned. Plus, like with the hats, I think I was distracted by all the other crap I had going on, so I need to finish a few other projects first.

One of those projects being the Doctor Who scarf. I'm done with the actual crochet part and I have the tassels done on one end. I need to finish the other end, clip all the loose ends, and put on some patches. The picture to the left was the only one I could find that showed the patches. I originally planned on hitting the thrift store to see if I could find a men's vest or tie in that plaid, kind of Burberry plaid kind of look.

However, since I'm in the mood to sort and clean (see the cardmaking supplies thing up top), I'm going to raid my stash and see if I have anything that will work just as well. I'm not going for a perfect reproduction of the fourth Doctor's scarf, just something that would suit me if I had been the fourth Doctor. :)

1 comment:

  1. My bf wants a Chewbacca hat. He saw it on Pinterest. Any chance you would want to make one? I will pay you for it. I don't think I am that talented. lol. If you are too busy that's ok too. I just thought I would ask. I can forward you the link. He has to forward it to me first. Also, are you on twitter?

    ReplyDelete