Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Good Valentine's Day

When I came in the back door of our house tonight after work and walked into the kitchen, I could smell something good in the oven. My husband cooked supper for me tonight, because we knew the restaurants would be too busy to try and get into.

What did he make? Something he came up with himself that he called...Mac and Cheese Empanadas. :)

  • 1 box of your favorite mac and cheese (we had white cheddar)--cooked according to the directions on the box
  • bacon slices, crumbled and mixed in with the mac and cheese
  • 1 tube of  Pilsbury buttermilk biscuits
  • shredded cheese
  • a couple slices of cheese, cut into fourths
Flatten out the biscuits into kind of an elongated circle. Spoon in a little of the mac and cheese/bacon mixture on one side of the biscuit, top with some shredded cheese and seal them shut tightly. Bake according to the directions on the can. Remove from oven and top with a bit of the sliced cheese and bake again for 1-2 minutes more.

It was a nice Valentine's Day. What did you do today?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely........ We celebrated on Sunday. Dinner and Bath and Body for me. We were going to go to a movie but they are so expensive. I would rather have my lotion. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ended up going out the following night to a place out here called the Brass Bell. Super busy and it didn't look like much, but the service was awesome! :)

    We just went to see Lincoln the weekend before. I really liked it but I felt like it glossed over the ending a little too lightly for my liking.

    ReplyDelete