Monday, February 11, 2013

Learn From My Mistakes

When you go to the thrift store to buy a throw pillow to reuse the stuffing, make sure it actually has the kind of stuffing you want before you leave with it. I buy throw pillows secondhand because the stuffing is cheaper that way, and it's easier to find throw pillows at the thrift store than a bag of Fiber Fill at Wal-Mart anymore. 


 Tonight, I realized I didn't know what I was getting the other day, when I cut open the pillow and found it stuffed with feathers. Even after washing and drying the pillow, the feathers really did feel like Fiber Fill. Now, my crafting room looks like Colonel Sanders went all Leatherface on some poor chickens up here!

Next, My Little Ponies are evil. Or, the homemade Ponies are evil.

I have tried three times to follow Voodoo Tiki's MLP pattern on Deviant Art, and I still can't get the damn thing right! Each time, I've made the pattern bigger, thanks to Publisher, but it still comes out with a ginormous head. It ends up looking like a deformed baby Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

I don't know if it's me or not, but like the crocheted cupcake hat mess I went through a little over two years ago, I AM DONE with this failed project. :)

So, I'll clean up my mess up here, take the dog for a walk, and then come back to try and make a new Foofa for my niece. Foofa got washed a few days ago and didn't survive the washer. Since then, Eden has been walking around, asking for her back. My sister told her that Foofa had to go to the doctor for a little bit and requested a new one ASAP. I've got the material here, but I think I'll need to buy more stuffing for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment