Friday, May 17, 2013

Advice to The People That Do The Hiring for Their Companies

When you call someone to tell them they DIDN'T get the job they wanted with you, after numerous interviews and phone calls, think about this: don't tell your unwanted candidate, "Our hiring group just didn't like any of the candidates, so we are going to keep looking for other people." And don't end the call with, "And you have a GREAT weekend!"

You've just ruined my day. You don't know how badly I needed that job. You even dragged out my wait to hear back from you on the status of that job by a week longer than promised, so I'm already antsy. Now, I'm not going to have a great weekend.

A better way to phrase this would have been, "Thank you for your time. We've made our decision and right now, we feel that another candidate will be a better choice for us."

In fact, if I had gotten the job, it would have been a great weekend, because I need something good to happen in my life in the worst fucking way possible right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment