Friday, June 14, 2013

Hampton Roads' State of Mind



I heard "New York State of Mind" on the radio last night and it started to transform into this version in my head.

Some folks like to get away
Take a holiday from the seven cities
Hop a flight up to old D.C.
Or out to the prairies
But I'm taking a Greyhound
On the Monticello line
I'm in a Hampton Roads' state of mind

I've seen all the hip hop stars
In their fancy cars and their limousines
Been high in the mountains in the Philippines
But I know what I'm needing
And I don't want to waste more time
I'm in a Hampton Roads' state of mind

It was so easy living day by day
Out of touch with the sea, but I digress
'Cause now I need a little give and take
The Virginian-Pilot, The Daily Press

It comes down to reality
And it's fine with me 'cause I'm gonna breeze through
Don't care if it's P-Town or in Riverview
I don't have any reasons
I've left them all behind
I'm in a Hampton Roads' state of mind

It was so easy living day by day
Out of touch with the sea, but I digress
'Cause now I need a little give and take
The Virginian-Pilot, The Daily Press

It comes down to reality
And it's fine with me 'cause I'm gonna breeze through
Don't care if it's P-Town or in Riverview
I don't have any reasons
I've left them all behind
I'm in a Hampton Roads' state of mind

I'm just taking a Greyhound on the Monticello line
'Cause I'm in a Hampton Roads' state of mind

No comments:

Post a Comment