Monday, July 1, 2013

Doing Some More Tailoring

I think it was sometime last year that Nicole the Knitter started asking me to hem her new pants, or turn older ones into capris. Since then, thanks to her, I've been getting lots of practice on her pants, as well as my own. But now, the request for tailoring has been taken up a notch.

This is one of Nicole's skirts. I love it, with the corset lacing in the front like that. It's from Torrid (they don't show this one online anymore) and it's a size 24. She's been losing weight and figures she's down to a size 18. She came over yesterday with the skirt because she wants to keep it but it's literally falling off her ass. She needed about five inches taken off the width.

I just finished it and am so proud of how it turned out! I was even able to keep the pleated ruffle at the bottom looking just as nice as it was before. Nicole didn't care about where the zipper was in the back, so instead of trying to split the difference (2.5" removed from each side), she said she was fine with me taking out an entire panel of the plaid, since one of those panels was the right width to remove anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment