Thursday, July 25, 2013

Putting My Clothes on a Diet

I just got done finishing the Merona dress. I put in a few little gathers in the back just above the waist to make it fit a little better. Once I completely removed the belt, it was too big for me.

And I finished another little modifying clothing project. I picked up a emerald green, polyester/rayon short sleeved button down shirt by Apt. 9. This one came from the thrift store but originally, I believe it was bought at Kohl's. I love the Apt. 9 dresses and have a couple of them, so that's how I know this brand.

I bought this shirt knowing it was going to be waaaaaaaaaay too big for me. It was originally a 3XL. But I loved it and knew I could take it in and make it smaller.

I took in both side seams, removing about two inches in width, if not more, and I put in a little pleat in the back, taking it in another quarter inch or so. I also had to make the arms a little smaller as well.

I'll be honest...the inside is kind of rough looking, but I was going for secure seams. And now, I believe this fits like a regular XL sized shirt. I'm pretty proud of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment