Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Bluebird of Happiness

This was my project today: a felt bird key chain from Mollie Makes magazine, issue #26.

It's entirely hand sewn.

And I was able to try the oilcloth coin purse from May that didn't turn out the first time I did it. I got a little further along than I did last time, but I still didn't succeed.

However, I did see what I think part of the problem was here. It seems that when I follow the template (printed out from Mollie Makes' own website) it is too narrow for the coin purse clasp. Which is a shame, because I really liked the oilcloth fabric pattern. I've found that oilcloth, as a fabric, is a sticky little bitch to sew.

But I'm thinking that maybe I can rescue the coin purse clasp and try it again later on with a wider fabric base.


No comments:

Post a Comment