Monday, August 26, 2013

Eyeliner Review

I've recently discovered a line of make-up that I've decided I love: Physicians Formula. They have an eyeliner called Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Eyeliners. They sell it as Kajal Eyeliner Trio, for different colored eyes. I had the purple, green and black trio, which is marketed for those with green eyes (I actually have blue eyes).

I need to go back to CVS and pick up the black eyeliner again. I didn't get the chance to use it up...it rolled into my toilet one morning while I was getting ready for work.

This is a really good cream eyeliner. It glides right over the eyelids easily and doesn't clump off. It comes with a gentle snubbed point, so it's not pointy enough to be uncomfortable on your skin when it's new.

However, the website, Paula's Choice, gave this product a "poor" review. "If you are successful in applying this eyeliner without it breaking, don’t count on the 100% waterproof claim. At best, you’ll get about half an hour of wear time before the formula breaks down and a serious amount of smudging starts to happen around your eyes." Well, in all honesty, I've never really believed in the waterproof claim for any make-up product, especially when it's a CREAM-based eyeliner.

"Although Physician’s Formula directs you to apply these pencils along your eye’s waterline (i.e. the rim of the eye) we do not suggest applying eyeliner to this area. Any product put along the waterline is likely to break down and get into the eyes, so it not only looks messy and smear-y in short order, it causes eye irritation, too. Not pretty!" Ummmmm, just because the manufacturer recommends a specific use of a make-up item doesn't mean it HAS to be used that way. People should make their own decisions.

Like I said, I really liked this product. However, I ran to Walgreens, which is closer to my house than CVS, to pick up a replacement black liner. I bought Loreal Paris The Super Slim Infallible liquid eyeliner.

I hated it. It's sitting right next to me, and I don't know why I haven't tossed it yet.

"Enjoy flawlessly clean lines as precise as 0.4mm with The Super Slim by Infallible® Never Fail. The ultra-fine felt tip gives you total control, delivering the perfect amount of liner."

It's got a long, thin point. It's long enough that I haven't been able to get a consistent line going across either eyelid yet. It's also VERY BLACK in appearance, compared to the REGULAR BLACK of the Physicians Formula kohl.

I look like I let the Joker use a black Sharpie to line my upper lids.

I really like the eye make-up look of the rockabilly style. "Feel free to pack on the black eyeliner, particularly to the top and wing it out…you may add a little on the bottom just enough to make your eye color pop. Big and flirty eyelashes…Don’t be afraid to use falsies, especially on the outer corners…dab the bottom lashes with mascara." Of course, it's mostly where the eyeliner is concerned...I like bright colors too much to be a true rockabilly girl. But I love that little wedge of black on my upper lid. It seems to make my lashes look thicker and my eyes a little bigger.



No comments:

Post a Comment