Monday, August 26, 2013

My Crafting Mojo is Off

Over the weekend, I tried making the Recycled Fabric Scrap Earrings from Nelly's Treasures. Something is going on with me...I feel like my crafting mojo is off or something.

"I started off by cutting out a pile of cardboard disks and then sticking a disk of felt to one side of it to give them a plusher feel." See, this is where I changed things up a little bit, because I bought a package of  3/4" heavy duty felt pads. This might have been part of my downfall, because it made the earrings extremely thick, probably thicker than what would be practical.

It took a couple tries to get the fabric to the right size for each earring, otherwise you wind up with a bunched up little mess on the back that doesn't lay flat and can't be covered with a piece of felt.

I'm a little bummed out that this didn't work because I thought they would make some cute little OOAK earrings. I was actually working, assembly-line like, on 10 pairs of earrings at once, so I don't think I'm going to try this project again.

What I was able to accomplish was fixing the straps on two pairs of bras and the cuffs on a pair of jeans that belong to Nicole the Knitter's goddaughter. I have one of Nicole's dresses draped over a dress form right now. It needs to be taken in about 2" on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment