Sunday, August 18, 2013

Really Hated This Pattern

I want to say right now, you'll need a user name and password in order to see the pattern as it's listed on the Lion Brand Yarn site.

The pattern I ended up hating was the Spiral Crocheted Afghan. Those chained sections become a real bitch and are so loopy, it's ridiculous. I took this pattern home with me, along with some awesome mohair yarn. I thought this would made a great airy, just right kind of weight afghan.

I grew to hate it for some reason. I guess it's just me, because of the 14 reviews this pattern has, they are all pretty good.

But for some reason, it wasn't grabbing me. So it never got any bigger than 20" across. I brought the attempted afghan piece back with me and forgot about it for a few weeks, until I was at K-Mart of all places.

They sell a line of dresses called LYS, which stands for Love Your Size. They had some super cute maxi-dresses there that if I had found a smaller one, I might have bought. But they were all high-waisted, like right below the bust-line, and that's not a look I can pull off. It tends to exaggerate the size of a gut and I don't like it.

But what really caught me eye was one of the dresses had a doily stitched to it on the back. I thought maybe I could take my attempted afghan and stitch it to the back of the denim jacket I swiped from my husband years ago.

I dragged the dress form downstairs from the attic so I'd have room to work. I pinned and re-pinned the afghan so many times on the back of the jacket, but those damn chains just kept being too lose for the back. I would have had to go and whip-stitch every other chain in place so it didn't poof out.

I deleted the pattern from my computer and finally tossed out the attempted afghan tonight. It's time to move onto something else.

Things I did get done today:

  • planted two bags of bulbs from Wal-Mart (daffodils and tulips)
  • planted a small cypress tree into a bigger pot.
  • Finished off a few scrapbook pages on our Natural Bridge/Booth Trail trip, and then realized I need to get another scrapbook.
  • Started balancing my checkbook.
  • Sold some reptile lights from up in our attic on Craigslist and made $10.
  • Dyed my hair tonight with a box of Loreal dye...I thought the fumes were going to kill me! I don't mind going grey. But I started getting grey hair at my temples, under my bangs. It's the weirdest thing. Instead of having hair like Rogue from the X-Men (which I wouldn't mind), I'm going to have hair like the Bride of Frankenstein!
  • Sanded the sides of the compartment lid on the bench today, and did one more coat of poly urethane on the bench part.

No comments:

Post a Comment