Saturday, August 31, 2013

Such a Shitty Day

Yesterday was just such a bad day. I'm wondering if I get some of it off my chest and into the universe, maybe things can turn around for me.

I found out that my mom's cancer has spread again, despite the good news we got in July that the chemo was working. She's out of the trial she was doing now and has to wait for permission from her insurance company to start the next trial.

The next bit of shittiness came when my former supervisor called me to say I wasn't getting the job with her that she had unofficially offered me last week. A job came open where I used to work, under the same supervisor I'd had before, but in a different department and in a different capacity. I wanted that job. She told me it would be mine. After knowing her for 11 years (she contacted me in the first place for this job), I believed and trusted her.

My trust was mislaid.

She offered the job to someone else, a woman who had different skills than what the job description, or even what my former supervisor, ever mentioned. It was like being blindsided.

I kept myself together, even though I wanted to yell at her and ask her, "WTF???"

So the job hunt starts again.

Even my sister had a shitty day. She drove her husband's car to work at the overnight shift she had at the grocery store, and she couldn't get it out of park when she left. So, at 3 PM, she had to have it towed to the dealership. Turns out 2 small plastic pieces having to do with the shifter broke, $13 a piece. With labor, it was a bill of $350.

But today, maybe things will be better. I'm on my way to the oceanfront to see Smash Mouth and BNL. I might stop by the American Legion to check out the car show happening there before hand. At least, I can cross one more thing of my bucket list. which is kind of funny, because I was in such a dark, bad mood last night, that I actually put my ticket up for sale on Craigslist. No one took me up on it. I guess I wasn't meant to stay home and pout, because that's even what my mom said to me last night.

Don't ever argue with your mom when she tells you to get out there and live your life and enjoy yourself. Her words of wisdom last night to me were, "It is what it is. Someday, when I die, at least the cancer will die too. It can't spread any more then."

3 comments:

  1. Amy, I am so sorry to hear that the cancer has spread again. I will think good thoughts and you think good thoughts. Tell your mom too. I am so sorry! If there is anything I can do please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am so sorry to hear that the cancer has spread again. I will think good thoughts and you think good thoughts. Tell your mom too. I am so sorry! If there is anything I can do please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. It's like she gets one step forward and then takes two steps back. I just wish she could catch a break!

    ReplyDelete