Today was another day for some kitchen creativity for lunch. It was good, but not as good as my brothless stew from a week ago.
- 1 lb of alligator (If you live in Hampton Roads, VA, you can get alligator from the butcher shop at the Virigina Beach Farmers' Market)
- 1 box of Barilla penne pasta
- 1 jar of Kroger tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 can of Red Gold diced tomatoes
- About 1/2 bag of frozen peas
- Dried oregano, basil garlic powder, and black pepper
- Fresh dill and cilantro
- 2-3 tablespoons of pesto sauce
I added the sauce, diced tomatoes, peas, dill, cilantro, and pesto sauce to the alligator, and then covered it and reduced the heat to low and just let it simmer while I was cooking the pasta to the directions on the box. Once the pasta was done, I added it to the sauce mixture and continued to let it simmer for another 20 minutes. I wanted to make sure I had enough time to really infuse the flavors.
This was another good meal that I'm going to have leftovers from, for a couple more meals. If you've never had alligator, I highly recommend you try it. It's like really good, quality chicken breast.