Saturday, October 5, 2013

Thank God For My Friends

I believe I have the greatest friends in the world, no matter where they are. I think it's because of them that I can get through Mom being sick. I am not, and will not be, alone.

Mom had a good day yesterday, and it was good to hear that in her voice. I think this whole process would be harder to deal with, if we weren't open about the future and the inevitable. I don't talk about my own feelings about her cancer, because I don't want to hurt her and make her wonder if we'll each be okay. Instead, she tells me what she wants and what she expects of each of us. Most of her expectations, I think I can achieve. I discuss my own personal feelings and thoughts with my friends and on here, at least I'm still getting it off my chest and out into the universe.

Mom still remains strong and brave, taking the time to teach my father how to run the dishwasher and do laundry. He's getting a crash course in grocery shopping while he takes care of her. I think that after 40 years of marriage, they are forming a little cocoon against the world, just the two of them, finally having the kind of marriage I wished they always could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment