- I will get a job at some kind of animal shelter, and I'm going to be damn good at whatever I end up doing there.
- I will get at least one old, beat up piece of wood furniture, save it from going to the landfill, and refinish it. Holy crap, I'm actually doing this one right now!!!
I'd like to go on an LCAC ride with my husband before he transfers to his new command.I had to cross this one off finally, because Shane left this command already. This bummed me out. I never got a ride on an LCAC out on the bay. Some of his family members did, and even though I offered to take any number of half days off from work, I never got to ride.
- I will go to see the Booth Trail in 2013.
- I will go to Natural Bridge, VA and the Shenandoah Valley and stay in a cabin in the woodsin 2013.
- I will go to Hiddenite Gems, an emerald mine open to the public, in NC in 2013.
- I will go to
the Richmond Zoo andthe Virginia Zoo (they have done a lot of remodeling and I haven't been there for a several years).
- I will go to the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. in 2013.
- I want to go to Tokyo some day. I would like to go to Hiroshima as well, but I've heard that Americans are unofficially unwelcomed there, and I don't blame the Japanese people if that's true.
- I want to see the pyramids and sphinx in Egypt.
- I'd love to see the Mona Lisa (she's in the Louvre in Paris) and The Scream (there are a couple, two of them are in Munich).
- I want to go to London, and maybe look for the TARDIS and the Doctor.
- I want to go to San Diego to see my best friend, go to Comic Con, wear a costume, take lots of photos, find an awesome looking Spider-Man so I can give him a hug for just being Spidey, and then walk a beach on the Pacific Ocean, looking for shells.
- I'd like to go to a taping of "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" if we ever go to California.
- I want to have at least one great, wildly creative crochet pattern published in a real book somewhere.
- I'd like to have our yard be featured for our Halloween decorations with a local tv station, so people might understand you don't have to spend big bucks on decorations and still put together a great display (I say this because we don't go as crazy for Christmas decorations).
- I'd like to win a challenge on Craftster.
I'd like to compete on Craft Wars on TLC.I had to cross this one off too, because I'm pretty sure it's no longer on the air. I can't find any updated information on it.
- I will finish the Jedi costume finally and I will join the Rebel Legion in 2013.
- I will finish the doll house I started several years ago.
- I want to go to Ohio and see Ralphie Harper's house from The Christmas Story.
- I want to see Weird Al Yankovic in concert, and maybe even the Bangles if I ever get to California.
- I want to see the Barenaked Ladies again, the next time they come to Hampton Roads.
- I want to take my friends to the Virginia Safari drive through park in Stanton, VA. I'm planning on doing this in June with Michelle the Cook and her mother, and maybe Nicole the Knitter.
|This bear reminded me of Cujo, because of the way it looked when it woke up from a nap: nose up in the air, sniffing.|
|Pregnant zebra. She was very interested in Nicole and I for some reason. She had such a pretty, expressive face.|
|I GOT TO FEED A GIRAFFE!!!!!!!!|
|It looked like the turkey was in line at the concessions stand.|
|This was on a vehicle in the parking lot when we got to the zoo.|
We also stopped for lunch at The Crazy Greek (I had stuffed grape leaves for the first time and really liked them) and hit three different antique stores on 460 on the way home. I felt like the guys from Antique Archeology ("American Pickers" on the History channel) were going to show up at any minute.